|March 21, 2018|
"Soul Talk" March 21, 2018 Edition-
- written by: North Central District Rev. Harlan Gillespie
North Central District Phone and Internet: The North Central District Office is without phone and internet and will be indefinitely. Should you need to contact the District Office -
2017 Statistical Reporting - Thank you so very much to all who worked so diligently on the Statistical Reports! A BIG Thank you to North Central District Statistician, Lorene Dykstra for the daily updates, running reports, making phone calls, and the list goes on!
March 1, 2018 - 2017 Fund Balance Report was DUE - - Click HERE for the 2017 Fund Balance Report - If your church/charge has not completed your Audit report - please do so ASAP.
April 14, 2018 - Laity Day with Bishop Laurie - Aldersgate UMC (3600 75th St., Urbandale (9:00 AM-3:00 PM (Click HERE for more information)
April 26, 2018 - Spring 2018 Order of Elders, Order of Deacons, Fellowship of Local Pastors and Associate Members Event - Ames, First UMC (516 Kellogg Ave) 10 AM-3 PM (Click HERE for more information and/or to register)
May 6, 2018 - District Conference - Time TBD - Please watch for more details coming soon!
May 6, 2018 - Pre Annual Conference Session - Webster City, Asbury UMC - 2:30 PM-4:30 PM (More information below)
May 6, 2018 - Farewell & Thank you Gathering for North Central District Superintendent, Rev. Harlan and Deb Gillespie - Webster City, Asbury UMC - TIME TBD - Please watch for more details coming soon!
May 1, 2018 - 2018 Another Set of Eyes - Click HERE for the 2018 Another Set of Eyes.
May 12, 2018 - Basic & Advanced Lay Servant Training - Grand Junction UMC - 8 AM-6 PM - Click HERE for more information and registration information.
July 15-17, 2018 Summer Mission u - Learning Together for Transformation of the World - For more information and registration information - Click HERE
October 9-12, 2018 - National Christians Engaged in Faith Formation "Curious Church" Conference - Des Moines Marriott Hotel (700 Grand Ave) Click HERE for more information and to register.
October 19-21, 2018 Fall Mission u - Learning Together for Transformation of the World - For more information and registration information - Click HERE
Mandatory Boundary & Ethics Training being offered in the SC and Central Districts
If you are clergy currently appointed or expect to be appointed and missed the October trainings that were held in the North Central District - please choose of the dates, times, location that works for your schedule.
South Central District -
|Creating World Transforming Communities of Faith|
People of Constant Prayer
March 21, 2018
Lord, Holy week will soon be upon us. Be with us, we pray, in the tensions of the week – despair and hope, pain and comfort, disbelief and belief, betrayal and loyalty. And give us your grace that we might be found by you where we are in the week and then be led by your Spirit into the world for your sake.
Hear our prayers for:
· The pastors and churches who are experiencing or anticipating moves this appointment year.
· The faithful people of God known as the Fort Dodge Riverside United Methodist Church and their pastor, Rev. Jim Barnett, on the church’s discernment to close June 30, 2018.
· The family of Rev. Jim Stiles, who once served on this district at Ames Collegiate and Mason City First, as they grieve his death and are found by your resurrection hope.
· Rev. Dan Rogers (Corwith UMC) and his family on the death of his sister.
· The father of Kay Christie who was hospitalized with pneumonia.
· The Williams family and their daughter, Reba, who is hospitalized in Sioux Falls, South Dakota.
· The pastors and congregations, the Districts, and Conference staff who are experiencing the many seemingly opposite emotions of moves this year.
· Those who continue to recover from accident, illness, and surgery.
· Our preparations for District Conference.
· The communities who are experiencing more severe winter weather in the Northeast and Southeast US.
Lord, in your mercy, hear our prayers.
We apologize, if we have missed anyone. Please contact us with your joys and concerns emailing or calling NCD Administrative Assistant Alanna Warren at email@example.com, or NCD Superintendent Harlan Gillespie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equipping Ourselves and others as Transformational Leaders
Pre -Conference Session - will be held Sunday, May 6, 2:30 to 4:30 pm at the Webster City Asbury United Methodist Church, 921 Des Moines Street, Webster City. The focus of this gathering is the presentation and conversation about the upcoming Iowa Annual Conference.